View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Sword of Damocles

Just an FYI from my experience...........

I'd like to add that the ID of the supply line to the lift pump is too small and has a few restrictions built into it also reducing i/p internal pressure..

For those of you running more than stock HP, increasing the supply hose ID to at least 1/2 will ensure the lift pump is not being subject to cavitation damage which will eventually lead to pump putting out less pressure and volume.

Those of you with the 123 wagons have more restrictions in fuel supply flow than the 123 sedan.

Using a 9psi electric boost pump near the tank helps starting and idle quality.....especially using WVO.

Long cranking times to start is often the supply volume and pressure to the i/p.

I found that on my 1985 123 sedan, this fuel line size limited the power at 3500 rpm and up quiet a lot. Adding a boost pump allowed the engine to reach 4900 rpm at WOT in any gear. Whereas before, power fell off at 4000 rpm, and in 2nd and 3rd and top gear rpm's never got over 3900 rpm.

FYI...The head was ported to the limit and Total Seal second rings to new pistons and sleeves. I/P was optimized with new elements . I just wish I had known about Myna back then.

"A liberal is someone who feels they owe a great debt to their fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."