View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 09:41 AM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.e View Post
Maxbumpo was kind enough to meet me during lunch yesterday, and we checked all the battery connections with his multimeter. It seemed that everything was fine. I jiggled both the pos and neg battery connections to make sure they were snug and we visually checked the connections to the starter.

After that I tried it again and it started right up. No problem.

Upon further and closer inspection to the battery connections, Max noticed the pos cable had some corrosion and even a few of the thread within the cable were broken. He suspects that was the issue. I am inclined to believe him, but am a little hesitant to fully trust the starter, since I'm not sure how old it is. He seemed to think it wasn't the original, but I don't have any records showing when it was replaced.

For now though, she's starting right up as usual and running smooth. Going to replace both battery cables asap.
The starters are tough to wear out. I have at least five good ones lying about and never need any.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.