View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deplore View Post
I can't help you for your question....but about the W210, I might be able to help.

You need to clear the codes from the TCU. Even if you were to change the entire transmission, so long there is a code (doesn't matter what code) in the TCU, the car will remain in limp home mode.

Find a indy who can read the code from the 38-pin diagnostic port and clear it. Your car should drive.
I am afraid it is a bit worse than that, when I bought it I thought the transmission had been serviced, but I am pretty sure it was actually on the original fluid and filter at 230k. It was fine at first, then it started intermittently slipping on up-shifts when accelerating to merge onto the freeway even after changing the fluid and filter. I recently changed the conductor plate, fluid and filter again, then it was better for a couple weeks, but after that went into limp mode with a P0748 code. I wouldn't be comfortable with how high the bill could get to pay someone else to fix it and I am not sure how much more I want to try replacing without really knowing what’s wrong, so that’s why I'm looking at cheap OM617 cars on craigslist again.