View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Loose Cannon - No Balls

I am with Junkman. If you can afford to get the 210 in order, do it. You already know what it needs. If not, understood also, but dumping that car with a bad transmission puts you in the salvage business, and things aren't rosy there.

If you find a car with everything still working, either it has been lovingly maintained and all has been replaced, or it just hasn't worn out YET. That second possibility keeps most of us very busy and PeachParts in business. Kind of like marrying a stranger.

On your other comment, the 124s will freeze you out if all is working as it should be, and they are in my experience a very reliable car if properly maintained / sorted. However this is only if running native refrigerant, which means R12 (or a complete conversion including condenser and compressor) in all but the '95 (just talking diesel here), which is the 606NA car, pretty anemic but faster than a 617 car. I don't remember the '93 having R134a but I know that the '94 was R134a with the high-pressure side completely redesigned. My cars run a steady 90C with the A/C on in 90-100F ambient, and on a -15F morning it will be showing 80C on the temp gauge in 1-2 miles with the heater/defroster blowing hard and hot. My only complaint is that the blower will not speed up (in auto mode) until the engine temp reaches ~50C.

Gone to the dark side

- Jeff