View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karshack View Post
I am running Accel custom 7mm wires. Just a little over a year old. A real pain to assemble. I had considered going back to the solid core Beru wires - but Petronix warns against solids and I don't want to ruin this before O can get it going good. I foresee another Saturday with the car.
I do see that warning in the Pertronix catalog. However, many of us have been using the Ignitor I for years with the standard solid core Mercedes wires. The warning appears to apply to both the Ignitor I and II. Not sure if that was intended. In reading the Ignitor II installation instructions, they warn about copper wires, but the warning is not there for the Ignitor I.

When the Ignitor II came out, Pertronix advised not to use it with solid core wires because of possible damage to the electronic components that were added on the new model. As a result, MB owners have in general stayed with the Ignitor I.

It might be worthwhile asking Pertronix about this.

I don't know anything about Accel wires, but if they are graphite cored and/or have high resistance compared with the stock wires, that could affect your car's performance.

Last edited by Graham; 02-20-2016 at 09:46 AM.