View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demothen View Post
Unfortunately I don't know which wire is which, however once you get that figured out, it sounds like you might be drawing too much current due to load on the motor. There's a thermal/current draw overload switch inside the motor housing that might be getting too hot and breaking continuity. On my '85 w123, I have refurbished 3/4 window regulators by removing them, cleaning all the nasty grease off the gears and linkage, and re-greasing them. I also had quite a bit of flex in my regulators, so I ended up flattening them out by clamping them to a 2x12 and flexing the aluminum until it was back to a reasonably flat shape. You might also grease the window rails. I used a combination of silicone spray for the slides and thicker silicone grease for the mechanism.
A simple test to see if the overload switch might be causing the problem is to thump the motor while applying voltage. This rattles the switch and seems to have a fairly decent chance of fixing the problem short-term. You can even just slam the door while holding the switch, if you don't want to remove the door panels.

thank you so much for this. Ill definitely will give this a try next weekend!