View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsrock View Post
The w140 maifold has M10 studs on it, which the turbo slide onto. The .970 turbo (at least mine) had the studs in it, which were M8. You would have to clock the .970 turbo and figure out a stud solution to make them work. (take one or the other out)

FWIW, I have an HX30 on my stock manifold in my 87 300SDL. So, it will fit in there, not sure how much less space a w124 would have, but I could not mount it OR my .971 turbo to the .971 manifold I had due to the spring perch being in the way by 1"!! I later found out my motor mount is completely collapsed, so when I replace it I'll gain about 2" and that may allow me to use that manifold.

The HX30 is pretty sweet.

PS, got myself a 6mm pump from Herlevi, 90cc. Going in next week hopefully. Dave, lots of inspiration from your testing, I am hoping I will be ok with the HX30 and small intercooler running 90cc.
Thanks for the info! Have any photos or additional info on the HX30? Curious how much larger the turbine / compressor is compared to the factory 3.5L turbo.

90cc is about the max we can get from the 6mm elements, I think, unless Goran has additional tricks... but I think he generally uses larger elements if more fuel is needed. 90cc should be good for 200-220hp or so assuming adequate airflow.