View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 03:32 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by DuckMuck
I apologize for the confusion...

At 38,000km, only the alternator was replaced. My original set of brake pads that came with my car new were replaced at 25,000km. This week, at 45,400km (when I went in for my 48,000km scheduled maintenance service), I was told that I had 15% left on my front brake pads, which are still waiting to be replaced. So I am guessin' that I am using brake pads at a rate of 25,000km/set.

I have been looking at the FastLane and posts on this forum...it seems a set of Balo front discs and PBR Metal Master pads will provide me with at least the same braking performance as my OE front brakes. I am goin' to order the Balo's, PBR's, pad sensors, and pad paste, and find a reliable independent shop to change them. I hope other than for labour, they won't charge me for any "other" stuff...
DuckMuck:
You better try ATE or Zimmermann Brake Rotors (Both also made is Germany). They are OEM brake supplier for Mercedes. Balo brake rotor is also made in Germany as well, but some people use on their BMW E36. They complained noise.
On the brake pad, you can try Jurid or Taxtar. Both are good brake pads.

One more tihing, keep oil change on time that is important for your car as well.

www.hopefungautoparts.com