View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
BTW, you are nearly at double the power on the 617. This is using the stock turbo and a big injection pump right, basically?

I might have to do the same thing with the engine in my Studebaker
To answer a couple of your questions:

1) Yep, this was on a DynoJet chassis dyno. A dyno with a PAU (power absorbtion unit) is preferred but the inertial Dynojets can be useful. They can only take measurements at WOT/full rack (depending) but they can be helpful.

2) The turbo was built for me by Tim's Turbos in VA. It has a T04 compressor with clipped vanes and the hot side is stock.

3) My injection pump is a Dieselmeken SuperPump - Dieselmeken is Goran Lindgren. I can't say enough good things about Goran! His English is - um - interesting but so much better than my Swedish (I have none other than "smorgasbord") that I can't say a thing. I'm not sure you would want or need a Superpump with its 8mm elements for a street driver but he'll work out something for your application.

BTW - I got an Email from Goran this morning. We says I'll be safer at 20ish. PSI boost than at 16 given the smoke output at 16. Darn, more HP!

Dan