View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 12:59 AM

Windows dead. WTF??

Greetings gents.

I left the old gal parked for one week and now none of my windows work. Prior to parking it, they all did. The fronts were acceptable and the rears slow. Removing, cleaning and lubing the regulators and checking wiring was already on my to-do list.

Likewise, the sunroof crapped out without warning last month. Up till then it was working fine with no noise and good speed. I tried replacing the swithch and that was a no go. I have purchased a NOS motor for my next attempt. The roof will come out and all fittings will be greased.

There is good V / current to the shift console as the shifter lights work, the right side view mirror works and so do the emergency flashers.

I have yet to check the fuses, but to think that two fuses crapped out at the same time is a stretch. All were replaced with bi-metal fuses in Feb of this year when I bought the car.

I'll check the fuses and pop the console and check for voltage at the switches first. Any other suggestions? A coupe' with windows UP might as well be a sedan. This is a seriously heinous affliction and one which must be remedied quickly.

Just fishing for suggestions before I get cro-mag with it.

1985 300CD in great shape except for this anomaly.