View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 02:47 PM

Directional fast blink

Now it's two years later and the problem is a little different. Still the '92 300SD (with its exceptional wiring!). Had some problem with a short draining the battery. Haven't found it yet, but got it to go away. I think it may have been in F3f17 as I found removing that fuze got rid of the drain. Inspected the various things on that circuit, found nothing, put all back together again and it works. Turn signal/Hazard Warning are on that circuit. I know that's not a fix, but it has to fail again before I can find it.

Problem is, and has been since the beginning that the left signal blinks fast with the stalk in any position (left, right, center) and the key in accessory (1) position. With the key in run (2) position, the left signal blinks fast in either left turn or center (no turn) and fast on the right side in right turn. It seems to me that low voltage makes a fast blink, other than a bad lamp. Any ideas greatly appreciated. I have also just learned that the hazard signal blinks at the normal rate and supersedes the turn signal. Also, if I turn the key slowly from off to 1 and stop turning just as the accessory power kicks in, but before the click into position 1, the turn signal blinks at the normal rate in all three positions. Thanks

Last edited by pokeyarw; 06-07-2016 at 04:20 PM.