View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
The conditions have to be right for them. Kind of like cicadas or Colorado River toads. They generally aren't numerous in landscaped lawn areas.

If enough of them are in the Palo Verde tree root system they can but they usually don't.

Damned shame too, those freaking Palo Verde trees are nothing but a blight on the face of the earth if you ask me. Water sucking, drain clogging, falling over in a windstorm, growing every where sumbeeches (not actually not a member of the Beech family but you know what I mean).
Okay, that makes since last monsoon saw a dead one where more palo verdes. Probably see more this year, right?

Why wouldn't a desert tree take advantage of water? How is it an issue?

Drain clogging? You mean they are like elms and go after sewer lines?

Some fall over. Most due because trimmed and/or watered wrong. My neighbor a few houses down has one and does just fine. My Church friends had more than one and only after 20 something years when it was dying did it go over and most likely was over watered (planted itself in roof run off). Just plant where doesn't threaten anything, right?

I wish one or several grow here. All I got is a African sumac (talk about an invasive tree) on the north east corner of the house. My free from the utility company desert willows were junk and died. Got what I think is a mesquite tree growing in a cup in the kitchen window, but have my doubts it grow. This place gets roasted in the summer.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.