View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 09:42 AM

Looking pretty good. Just a couple of questions:

It's hard to see from the pictures but what did you do about the original distributor? You say you are using a Ford EDIS system but what are you using to drive the oil pump? That's been a sticking point with my M115 and M110 builds.

It looks as though you are using the Ford control module to run the spark. was there a preference to this instead of adding coil drivers to the MSII or simply a case of "it's already there so why not use it"?

Looking forward to seeing your mounting of the pick up module. This has been a thorn in my side on my M110 conversion. Been running it "fuel only" because I haven't come up with a decent set up for the pick up. I've got a trigger wheel made and I'm waiting for my machinist to do the final fitment. I'm going on the inside of the dampener (which I don't see in any of your pictures, did you eliminate it or is it simply not shown?) which will allow me to use the existing timing bracket.

Is that a temporary mounting of the fuel pump? Those pumps are meant to be "pushers" and I think you'll be better served mounting it at the rear near the fuel inlet. I suppose you could be using it in tandem with the existing fuel system but that appears to be extraneous.

Hard to tell from the pictures but what are you using for a fuel pressure regulator?

The direction of the coil facing, is this a case of "that's how it was" or a best fit option? I think you are going to have a plug wire mess on your hands the way it is, plus the exposure to any fluids, debris, etc. I'd re-work the mounting bracket to where the spark outlets on the coil face to the rear. This would simplify the wiring runs. You could use the existing wire routing/looms also for a cleaner look.

Doing a great job, looking forward to seeing more of your progress.