View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 03:40 PM

Hello benedict,

Yep, no problem will post a bit later.

Progress so far, sump removed, ATf and filter not in good shape considering full change 500 miles ago, and part change (sump only, no TC) 100 miles back.

I guess it's getting flushed out though and caught either in the pan or filter which can be changed/cleaned, if i had better facilities might be tempted to remove box and strip down for cleaning.

Okay, back the pistons - the yellow one above does not fit as the existing red piston is indeed tapered by 2mm, so that's totally a non starter, however the springs are the same size, so pondering on just changing those. I think this is why the kits offered in USA supply springs only utilizing the existing piston, that makes sense as you are always guaranteed a fit.

The new springs feel a bit softer too, tomorrow will try evaluate a bit more scientifically comparing the two.

Last thing to consider is the end spring, again this feels softer but not sure about swapping over, has anyone done this?

I don't recall seeing these smaller springs supplied with the kits, so maybe not an option.

Cheers,

1996 Mercedes S124 E300TD - 129k - rolling restoration project -

1998 Mercedes W210 300TD - 118k (assimilated into above vehicle)