Thread: Vac Eval
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Thanks again for all the helpful replies.

Bear with me, as I'm new to diesels (and Mercs in general), but I've been sifting through as much info as I can find and have come up with the following plan of attack - I'd appreciate any opinions on whether or not I'm missing anything important, or am including anything extraneous.

So, to start, I think I might do the mechanical wastegate conversion and EGR delete. Can't hurt, might help, and at a minimum it will simplify the vacuum system somewhat and minimize potential points of failure. Next I will inspect the condition and function of the vacuum pump. If broken, or old style, will replace. Next will inspect (and ideally replace) all lines and fittings branching off the 3 lines from the VP. Since I'm having shifting problems, I will pay special attention to the VCV (is this an easy and cheap thing to replace?). After all of the above is done, I should be done in the engine bay, is that correct? Then I will move under the car and check the transmission modulator, and replace as needed.

So far, so good?
Anyone?