View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 03:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look and see what I can find in PA. There's got to be somewhere nearby. I live right near business one and I95 with major trucks passing through all the time.

EuroAMG: Thank you! She's a diamond in the rough for sure. The beauty lurks with a true buff, some new headlights and repainting the trunk. A true gentleman's car that is for sure. I will continue to update this! Hopefully more tomorrow. Does the tank strainer have to be removed to get the tank out?
the tank strainer itself does not need to be removed before taking the tank itself out.

I take the fuel feed flexible hose out of the tank strainer, that is a 19mm hex, you will need to remove the rubber seal that cover's the opening in the chassis, then disconnect the flex hose from the steel fuel line, put the wrench to the flex hose's fitting and remove that. The fitting sticks down about an inch from the bottom of the tank when it's in place, that makes it harder to maneuver the tank itself out.

If the flex hose is in good shape you can reuse it as is if the hose itself is bad or the crimp that secures to to the hose bib fitting is rusted you can cut the crimp of and use a band clamp to secure a new replacement hose to the bib and save $30 for a new replacement. 5/16" fuel rated hose if I recall correctly.