View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Master hull craftsman

Pretty much what ive been figureing since i got my first fintail years ago and wanted power. Add a manual trans in and it is probably a bigger train wreck. First plan was 3.5 m116 with a turbo and a 4 speed on ms. I was just wondering if prying the stock injection and ignition away from the rest of the harness without killing it was feasable or not. A guy did something similar with a lexus gs400. The k-jet m110 in my much nicer fintail will be enough of a project after the slc beater im working on. I was thinking it would be nice to be able to pick up a cheap running car and swap the drivetrain into a cool car that runs good. Im just not really a big fan of the newer style cars, just the power potential of the engines. m117 are dogs for the most part, so its either turbo one or a m119 or even m113 possibly. But that gets right back to ms3. im just kinda broke right now. i am still all ears on this idea but if duxthe1 wouldnt even bother im sure id set it on fire after a while of frustration. i cant even stand to mess with my 300te that runs intermittently crappy. I do have an ezl and coil to try now though.

but.....i have lots of parts to sell! 116,000 mile 89 300te anyone? tons of other vintage stuff and a w140 300se to part too! both run good when they run!