View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post

I recently spoke with a rep from peach parts and he said if you are ordering ANYTHING for a W123 to order EXTRAS because parts for W123 "are dropping like flies".

Auto parts makers will make any part that sells, when demand starts to tail off they stop making them because there is too much a risk they will end up with a bunch of parts that don't sell.

Show us how serious you are about wanting parts by picking a specific part and bankrolling having it made. Should be easy money no?

Quote:

Fellow forum members, this is NOT a good trend; we need to take our message to Stuutgart and MBUSA in New Jersey to let the powers that be know that WE NEED AND WANT PARTS availability for ALL vintage (pre 1992) Mercedes Benz automobiles. MB used to stock most any part for cars dating back to 1927. Not anymore; this trend needs to change!

What parts do you buy at the local dealership?

Quote:

While I'm airing my concerns, one other. At my local dealership there is only one old timer in the parts department who knows pre-1992 Mercedes Benz models. The newbies KNOW VERY LITTLE. Most of the time, I ask to be transferred to the old timer because he knows and understands parts on vintage MB.

Perhaps the dealership should create a vintage MB parts department??
MB has that now, it is called " The Classic Center " have you used their services? If not, why not?

Quote:

By the way, next time I'm at the stealership, I'm having a sit down meeting with the head of MB sales to air my concerns.

I bet you don't have the ba--s to call them a stealership to their face while you tell them to offer better parts counter support for 25 + year old cars.

Quote:

I'd encourage other MB owners to do the same. The answer is real simple; they need to start a vintage parts program similar to the classic center in Irvine, California. Simply place a vintage parts counter staffed by knowledgeable MB classic personnel in each and every MB dealership worldwide..... Then set up special wholesale pricing for independent repair facilities. Easy.

If there was enough demand, MB would be doing this however there apparently isn't.

Are you willing to invest $ at your local dealership to get things rolling for a cut of the profits? Something even better, take a job at the local dealer and offer parts support exclusively for 25+ year old cars, the catch is you will be on straight commission and limited to selling parts for 25+ year old cars.