View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 11:31 AM

Wvo run in a container same as a purge. Where did you install this very low pressure electric fuel pump and why? Just a booster pump at the rear of the vehicle? I know your lift pump is still in the system.

I agree with 30 years in on the 617s the mechanic should be fine.

How did you configure the injection pump shutoff? There have been cases where it remained lets say half on. The engine would run but not produce much power etc.

At least for the moment the poor fuel milage is no longer a major focus. Finding out why the engine does not hot start is more important. After a vegetable oil test and remember you have to get enough of the vegatable oil into the secondary fuel filter to displace the diesel fuel. Personally I would dump the contents of that filter and fill it with the vegetable oil.

If that does not provide some indication then you are almost forced to get a gauge on the fuel pressure in the base of that injection pump. Or this may become a very long drawn out drama. Basically establishing some form of baseline on what is working and what is not has to be engaged. Just not by the financial painful process of guessing.

Years ago when presented with situations that I was not sure what exactly was going on. I would do a tune up. In some cases this lead me to the problem. Or along the way I found out what was really working and what remained questionable.

When you get frustrated as I imagine like myself it has occurred with many others. Your brain seems to cease logical functioning normally. Best to leave a problem for a time or change the approach to it. Getting emotionally upset about it is also very non productive. I have had countless times where I worked on a problem for hours and got nowhere. Left it for a day and solved it in five minutes.

Plus you have to look at the very bright side. You do not have some elusive intermittent problem you are chasing. It is remaining constant.

Last edited by barry12345; 02-01-2017 at 11:53 AM.