View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 05:46 PM

Quick update. It's pouring another river of rain here in SoCal. I tried a cold start. It started smooth. Backed out and put it into drive. Started slowly, it shifted to 2, 3 pretty smoothly (I expected harder shifts.) I came to an incline and pulled over. Shifted into park and the revs started rising very quickly. So I dropped it back into gear and drove around the block - 1/2m. Back in the driveway I turned it off. Then back on. Revs were 11,000. Good news is that the new Oil Pressure Sensor stopped the big leak. And no fresh oil under car.
Then I logged back on and read the last 3-4 posts. MXFrank, I'm pretty sure all of the electrical connections you ID'd could stand a de-oil cleaning. I had found the ELR plug-off while looking for the oil/fuel leak that had lightly coated the ALDA. So it's all suspect. Is it OK to hose it off with brake cleaner on the IP (fuel lines and electrical wires)? The top half of the IP is clean 1-5, but the leak might be coming from the #6 o-ring seal (I've never replaced them on this car) but #6 looks suspect. Aft of there it's uniformly covered by a light moist wet (probably fuel). So I'll need to clean it to pinpoint the leak. Or do you recommend I just wipe lightly and clean/prep/Deoxit those connections? And deal with the leak later - when I get it steam cleaned underneath.

Re: Ebay meter: I don't think my 87 300TD has the OBD1 harness. And I don't see the big idle dial. I know I've seen them under hoods. But don't see it on mine. Jay Bob, where is that 07.1 proceedure? I may want to know what that says.

Diseasal, I'll checkfor the loose nut. abd thanks for the RPM#s. 86 300sdl, I put OVP on my list. Weather should break tomorrow so I'll have a chance to try dry. I'll get some Deoxit today and get at these recommendations.

Last edited by johnscars; 02-27-2017 at 06:00 PM.