Thread: bio-diesel
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2003, 08:29 AM
Belvario

Good to see you back Fred. I have started my conversion now - I've found your pictures and experience very helpful. I did make some slight mods to your approach just out of my own Type-A nature I liked the idea of going through the shock access hole into the trunk, but since I don't know the age of the suspension on this car, I was worried about having to back out the hoses in the case of needing to get access to the top of the shock. So I simply took a Dremel with a Rotozip and extended the shock access hole up toward the rectangular wire passthrough to its upper right (looking from the rear seat). I then lined that hole and the hole in the floor under the seat (like yours) with a "grommet" of split fuel line glued on with silicone adhesive to prevent chafing of the hoses. I went with your idea of sump pump hose as an outer liner for the heater hoses - great idea. It really makes the hoses easy to secure, provides some crush protection, etc. I now have the tank fully installed and strapped into the trunk and hoses run to the front - now the rest of the work is all under the hood... good weekend project. I have been following your lead and documenting on digicam as I go - I will write up my experience and post it somewhere when I have enough to be useful.