View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32 View Post
I have a 2006 E320 CDI, Silver on Black, which I think (along with my friend/mechanic) is one of the best in the country. First off I am in Southern California and the first owner was from the San Francisco Bay area (No Rust). The car is only washed by me and I apply sealant to the paint every time it is washed. Paint has a like new gloss and I have measured the paint and found all panels are still like new in paint thickness. Aesthetically, the car has been upgraded with factory approved R230 5 spoke SL55 wheels which I just refinished for the second time three months ago. These wheels are wrapped in near new Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/275 in size.

Performance wise I have done a few items to emulate the factory sports package which was common in Europe but unavailable here in the USA. I have lowered the vehicle with CDI specific H&R springs (not generic gas E320 springs) and installed Koni adjustable shock (about 10k miles old). I have also upgraded the brakes with factory E500 rotors and calipers all around (4 piston brembo calipers front and vented rear rotors). Currently I am using Porterfield R4-S pads but I have a set of factory pads (new) here as well. The car rides and drives excellently and the adjustable shock allows you to set the level of comfort/control to your liking.

I have taken sensational (spent far too much keeping it perfect in my eyes) care of the car. I cant type quickly enough to list all the work I have done to the car but I will like a bunch off the top of my head here (over the last 3 years):
- New AC Condenser
- New Low Pressure Line
- New Receiver Drier
- New AC Push button Unit (AC control unit)
- New Aux Heater (used on diesels to warm the air on
- New Heater Valve
- New sway bar links front and rear
- New Thrust Arms w/ new bushings and ball joints L/R
- New front control arms, bushings and ball joints
- Replaced all 6 injector seals (not just the one that failed)
- New Motor Mounts
- New Trans Mount
- 3 New Glow Plugs (not just the one that failed)
- Rebuilt the transmission with all new seals and bearings
- Replaced the valve body
- New Flex Disc
- New Upper control arms with ball joints
- New Inner and Outer Tie Rods
- New Coolant Tank
- Replaced Front sway bar and bushings
- New front wheel bearings
- New front spindles
- Re-sealed the rear differential
- etc... there is more

I service the vehicle regularly - usually with an extra oil change between factory intervals. The transmission has had the fluid changed at least 5 times since I bought the car 4 years ago. Coolant and brake fluid has been changed recently.

The car has the following options:
- Factory satelite Radio
- Navigation
- Sunroof
- HK stereo
- Rear Sun Shade
- heated seats
- etc

Now I do drive this car daily for work and with that it has 191k miles but it sure does not look for feel like it has anywhere near that many miles. The car is used for commuting 30 miles to work and also for covering the southern California region.

I am not actively looking to sell the car but I have gotten to a point where I may want to have a change of pace. Clearly the car is in great shape so I can keep it for many years to come.

If it is something that interests you let me know and we can discuss a price.

Thanks!
I can attest to the quality of this car, it's over maintained!
1994 E320
1991 560SEL
1994 Turbo R