View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 05:49 PM

92 300E Dirty start

I have a 92 300E 2.6 with 174,000 miles that has dirty starts. What I mean by dirty starts, Is that it doesn't start fast and strong as it should and it's kinda like a uneven start. It sounds like it wants to start quick then dies down Like it's lacking fuel then after that it starts. It doesn't do it if you turn the car off and re-start it or if the car has sat up to 15min it starts good only during those times. Sometimes I have to start it twice like it doesn't catch the first time but it almost does. The car has always started for me. Work done to car: spark plugs, rotor and cap, OVP relay, new fuel injectors with seals, 2 new Bosch fuel pumps, fuel accumulator, fuel filter, voltage regulator, new battery, air filter, new vacuum hoses, used EHA, old one was leaking, new temp sensor. I think that covers everything, what would be causing this HARD DIRTY start? It's been extremely annoying. Other than that I love the car and has been very reliable. Gets good fuel mileage, doesn't use oil, spark plugs look great, all plugs look the same.