View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 08:55 PM

Why is my engine temp rising on grade?

Hello all,

I've finally got my car back together at least enough to drive it, but every time I take it out, the temp rises more than I would like even on local short grades. At idle is sits just above the 80 mark, and then there is another unnumbered mark which I am going to assume is 100. When ever I hit the slightest hill for much distance, the needle starts headed toward that 100 mark, it hasn't actually reached it yet, because I back off the throttle, and turn on the heater, which helps for a second, but then once the heater core water is up to temp, and circulating with the rest of the water, the temp starts rising again.

Here's what I've done:

Replaced the thermostat, water pump, all hoses, and tested the heater core (way back when I had the engine on a stand).
Replaced the fan clutch (just today)

The water in the upper hose is HOT, and the water in the lower hose remains quite cool, surprisingly cool in fact.

What should I try next?

I should mention I removed the auxiliary water pump from the heater hose line, and I am running Evan's waterless coolant.

Last edited by crazy4diesel; 10-28-2017 at 09:17 PM.