View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 07:45 AM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengoshi2000 View Post
Nothing drives like 'em but between the connecting rod/hg issues and some parts being unobtainium, I walked away from 2 350SDLs (prior to buying my 91 300D).
I agree with Ben.

I had one for a while. it was not real high mileage, needed a valve job, had the intake clogged with semi hard black goo, and might have had the beginnings of a bent rod. It drove like a dream with bags of torque and reasonable economy, an excellent interior. I eventually sold it along to BC and bought a new Magnum.

I don't think there is a safe mileage to get past and I don't think MB ever truly solved the problem. they built it maybe six or eight years and eventually stopped building it.

I'd buy one if I could get a really clean one cheaply enough to put in a nice tight 3.0 liter motor and not be underwater.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.