View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 12:33 PM
10mm MW

The DYNO is correct

Twintake,

Let me start out by saying welcome to the forum.

I have sad news, but the dyno was spot on a 55whp. Given that the engine was only rated at 68HP by the factory, and it has a lot of miles on it, I would say that 55whp is pretty good.

At first I though that your post was a spoof to be honest, but I think you are really serious about what you posted, and if that is so, my first words of advice are, if you are looking to make easy horsepower get another Civic, any MB will require a lot of money to make even 30% more power, and the 240D engine will require even more $$ to do even that.

I own and have modded a 240D engine, I have turned up the pump, modded the prechambers, advanced the injection timing, changed the valve timing, made a resonate chamber intake manifold, had a M90 supercharger on it but then switched to a VNT turbo with an ATW inter-cooler. It is currently in a 201 chassis. It had a bad valve and the head gasket finally went so it is waiting for a chance for a rebuild with a 10mm pump, bigger turbo, and oil cooled pistons.

I also have a 300D which as a 3 liter turbocharged engine, and by looking at it one would think it is the same as the 240D but with an extra cylinder, but there are differences. The factory rated that engine at 126 (ish) and I have seen dyno results in the 140whp to 150whp range after work was done to the pump.

I have seen an article in a magazine that featured a 230 HP (if I recall right) 240D but it had a lot of work done, most of all a big injection pump.

IMOP, given what you want to do, I can say confidently that you backed the wrong horse lol.. The W123 chassis is known to be an excellent drift chassis, but it is heavy and underpowered. It is only after a lot of work and money will they perform as seen on youtube.

I am not sure what other diesels you have worked on to give you the impression that what each thing you have done will result in XX additional power, but they are definitely not realistic as the dyno has proven. That is OK, as long as you are open to learn, there is a lot of knowledge here.