View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twintake View Post
Ok first of all I'm not a troll and I'm not some other guy.

Second of all I dunno where and what u guys got all your info from because mine is strictly from track time and experience plus 2 years as lead lube tech at jiffy lube.

Soooo yaaa back on topic please!!

How the hell can I pressurize this cryptic fuel system to get more fuel pushing thru her?? Since everyone thinks more fuel is a necessity .....

I was just thinking of making a blend with diesel #2 and and an high octane ethonal free gasoline, like RC car gas (95 octane) so like 75% diesel and 25% hi octane gas. That should be able to combust at a higher rate plus really rip some power outta this 616.

Thanks to everyone who stays on topic plz!!
Since you seem to be an expert at getting 235HP out of an OM616 with simple Auto-Zone mods, get us a certified copy of your dyno chart for this car and we'll take you seriously. Until then, expect lots of sarcasm and for few if any of the members of this forum to take you seriously.

Assuming you can get an intercooler setup, a turbo pushing a good 15PSI or so, and turn up the fuelling in the injection pump, you'll be somewhere around the 125HP that a stock OM617 turbo makes but with far less reliability.

There's simple physics involved and cutting springs and deleting bodywork isn't going to change anything about the horsepower your engine makes.

Adding cold air intakes is doing nothing either. Your factory intake system already had a cold-air intake coming in behind the passenger side headlight. If you make 1HP more from your frankenstein system, you're doing pretty good.

Running gasoline in your fuel mix is asking for holes blown in pistons, burnt valves, blown head gaskets, or melted injectors.

You're dealing with a mechanical engine and fuel system here. It was designed for economy and reliability, not performance. If you want speed, you need to be looking at swapping in a smallblock V8 or some other custom mod. Trying to get serious power out of an OM616 is like trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip.

Black Sheep:
1985 524TD 167K (TotalDumpster™)

Gone but not forgotten:
1986 300SDL (RIP)
1991 350SD
1991 560SEL
1990 560SEL
1986 500SEL Euro (Rusted to nothing at 47K!)