View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjtx View Post
I'd like to move to the 5spd club, but I'm wary of a new user with 5 posts to his name coming in trying to get money together. I respect your efforts, but for those reasons, I'm out.
I do enjoy making a few bucks on occasion simply by sourcing the un-sourcable. I read post after post about these gearboxes being unobtanioum or outrageously valued on the US market.

This fizzled out on my end because I didn't have time to stay on the suppliers ass. Junk yards are sometimes hard enough to deal with when they're local, even harder when in England.

Here is the contact info of the yard in England who's got some 5spd's and claims to be able to source more. Maybe an established member can take the wheel on this one. I spend a bit of time trying to find a wrecking yard in Europe who'd bother with exporting used transmissions. Out of more than a dozen sources I solicited either directly or through salvage parts sites these guys were the only ones responsive and willing.

My advise, don't bother emailing until its time to finalize on the deal. Get them on the phone to keep a dialogue moving. Email will fizzle out, like it did with me. Their website is completely worthless as well.

DRONSFIELDS IND MERC
Phone: 0333 313 0573
Email: ian.dronsfield@dronsfields.co.uk