View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 05:34 AM
Michanus

More pictures of the m103 and some minor update.

Thanks guys for the comments doing my best to prepare my w124 300E as a future classic.In the netherlands they are becoming rare(in good conidtion) and more and more expensive to buy.

The plating itself is not expensive if you compare it with buying the parts new.
Most of the new bolts from the dealer are not yellow plated anymore doing the costs and are often just silver or some other protection.

I paid 200 euro total for all the plating

Will still send few parts for plating(My battery tray will be yellow plated) and the bracket for the converter will also be plated yellow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have got my pulleys back from the plating (blue silver) together with the brackets (also blue silver)
The horns are also plated because they are from metal and will rust.The only thing that i need to do is paint the edges black ,because the paint had chipped away during te cleaning proces.

The side panels are cleaned with wd40 and looking like new

The mechanism will be lubricated with mos2 grease

I will change the capacitors on the ke-jetronic unit because they like to go bad after 32 years of service (will use nichicon capacitors)
2x 220ufx40 volt and i will use 220uf50 volt