View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 11:21 AM

The lock rings on my 602 have the splines, not the slots.
I was careful to get the heat shield in properly. As a matter of fact, when I pulled the injector it did have a layer of carbon on the end of the nozzle. Seems like the injector is not sealing properly at the heat shield.
It's weird that before I replaced my nozzles I never noticed the leaning injector (probably because it's hidden under the intake crossover) and there was no air surging out.
This is really a stretch, but I wonder if double stacking heat shields might work? Since it seems the injector is not reaching far enough.

I will sell the car before having the head removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
Does your Prechamber Retaining/Lock Ring have slots like the one in the picture?
If you have the slotted Lock Ring the threads that hold the Injector in are on the inside diameter of the Lock Ring itself and simply removing the old ring and installing a New Lock Ring will give you brand new threads.

An other issue can be is that the Heat Shield only goes in, in one direaction. When you drop the Heat Shield into the hole they tend to flip over one or more times. You need to get a strong flashlight and take a look inside to be sure the right side is pointing up.

The rounded side of the heat shield goed down.

Also if the heat shield is leaking if you pull out the Injector and wipe the very bottom sides if the Injector off with a white Paper Towel you will find it has a thing coating of light dry carbon on it (you would need to drive a while for the carbon to show up).

What have you been torqueing the Injectors down to. I beleive on my year and model it is about 57-59 foot pounds of torque. The Prechamber Locking Ring even higher
1982 240d (sold) - Igor
1973 280 (sold and missed )