View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 11:18 PM
Dieseldiehard

OK 400Eric, don't go looking at a BMW diesel now. OK?
here's an E300D in the SF area, not sure why its a salvage title though, sometimes that is a little thing but the vaue goes down regardless, so this is overpriced with that in mind.
Its in my fav color, deep Blue. 166K miles. Nice looking seats, esp the drivers seat bolster apperas in great shape, I always check that, seatcovers tell me its worn!
Seller is asking $3450

BTW the reasoning for me to put a $8K price on my '99 E300D was so you wouldn't buy it! Its driven by my wife's niece to college and her dad brings it home so it doesn't stay on campus. I get to drive it occasionally and still ove the feel on the road, the way it drives, handles etc. I prefer it over my wife's '2000 E320 but they are both 210's and the end of the road for me.

My 99 300D is a sad looking thing though, silver paint fried in the high desert and clear coat peeling bady but NO RUST! the way it looks no one would steal it (think positive?)
Also at around 210K I had the trans rebuilt by MZF. I put a few thou into the suspension so its like new underneath. Thats the problem some of the Benz's FS with 150K miles and more need suspension parts to make them drive "right" - I drove one that the owner didn't even know was messed up, the car wasn't responsive like it should be and it wallowed around on a test drive enuff to make me want to get back ASAP.

I would rather buy a car which needs work and pay a low price to get everything done right with OE or best availabe components than pay high dollar for one that is claimed to need nothing then in fact does have "needs"
DDH
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/1998-mercedes-benz-e300-turbo/6507407716.html
Attached Thumbnails
Wanted: W210 Turbo Diesel-98_e300d_sf.jpg