View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 02:45 PM

my reply to Brabus

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 11:39 AM
To: 'Andreas@brabus-usa.com'
Subject: questions, continued...

Andreas,

I was afraid you might say that... (no parts a la carte, even if installed at the Brabus facility).

; )

Doesn't Brabus also offer a 6.0L upgrade for the M119 motor? If so, what is its total price?
Please include a detailed kit-of-parts for the upgrade (i.e. - components/manufacturers/specs, etc.).

My concern is that so much horsepower/torque will wreak havoc on the final drive/transmission and subframe; I have heard of 405 horsepower at 420 lb-feet of torque causing a Gleason-Torsen (locking) differential to explode and tear the subframe into myriad pieces. My 500E transmission has a stock final drive ratio and has been rebuilt with all 600SL updates, for handle extra torque handling/smoother shifts.

In fact, I do *NOT* have a performance brake package, at present; as such, please send me complete, current Brabus kit pricing and specifications. Specifically, I am looking for 14" front rotors + calipers and 12" or 13" rear rotors + calipers. Please specify the manufacturer (Brembo, Movit, etc.) and whether or not your kit-supplied rotors are cryogenically treated, by default - and if they may be cadmium-plated (or if they already are, as shipped).

RSVP / Thank you,

- s/m/s