View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 02:20 PM
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
The article had some discussion of the difficulty of getting a firearm in Japan to deal with them. This situation might bring about a change in that. I can't think of any predators in Japan that would keep boars in check.

Just did a web search on that and there isn't much in that category. A sort or wild cat on two islands and some Asian black bears in some remote locations.

I saw a video on a TV nature show years ago that was interesting. A leopard was creeping up on some young boar who were in a group by themselves maybe 30 yards away from adults who were feeding. The adults didn't notice at first but when they did about 10 of them charged the leopard. He saw them just in time to take flight and almost got away but the boar had enough momentum to catch him before he could get up speed. There was a furious scrum, they were putting some hurt on the leopard. At one point he was able to jump about 6 feet up and 12 feet sideways to get away. The boar seemed to lost interest at that point. The leopard's tail had a crook in it, God only knows how beat up it was.
I bet a Godzilla or two would keep them in check. I for one, look forward to a blossoming Japanese bacon industry.
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth