View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 10:34 AM

The glow plug holes were reamed. He said my prechambers were dirty, but the bearing was still there and the holes were clear. We’ve been putting that off till last, but now there’s not much to do except replace them and see what happens.

The pump goes to full stroke. The butterfly valve works. I have the oil bath filter in now, but the previous owner made a housing for a ‘regular’ air filter. I’ve gone back and forth between them and haven’t noticed any change other than the car running a little warmer in the afternoon with the oil bath.

My indy says the engine itself is like new. He didn’t think the prechambers were that bad, but since I was losing the same glow plug he wanted to install one new prechamber to see what happened. Since I lost a different plug this time, I went ahead and ordered 3 more.

The loop style plugs were breaking off. I switched to Monark pencils with the new wiring kit. I’m not sure what brand they were giving me at the shop, but they told me I used them all...

Before the kit was installed, my indy found the start knob was shorting in the glow plug position. He thought that was the cause and I opted for the kit rather than trying to find a new knob. It still seems to engage the starter correctly and I don’t see how that could affect the glow plugs now that they’re on their own circuit.