View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermang View Post
Then what is that straight bar running parallel with the center line of the car.. with the serious Bearings do ? Which used to be called a Control Rod...
This is what I know about it.
On a W123 Factory Service Manual the Sway Bar is called the Torsion Bar and the tip of that goes through the Upper Control Arm which if I remember correctly is what the original poster said the tip of is busted off. If that is the case the Upper Control Arm is on that side is going to wonder around a bit.

The other part that attacks to the Lower Control Arm and the rear of theFender well on the forum is typically called the Guide Rod. In the Manual it is listed as Supporting Joint and Supporting Tube of Brake Support.

So does the Control Rod you are speaking of attach to the upper or lower control arm.

33-540 in the manual is title checking and repairing the bearing of upper control arm.

That is the terminology I am used to.

Unfotunately different parts of the service manual sometimes call the same part by a different name. I don't no why but I think it is likely an issue of when the manual was traslated from German into English.

So where does the Control Rod you were speking of attach?