View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 08:46 AM
benzbonz

Thanks, but since I had a spare fuel distributor from a known good 450SLC I just swapped it, and will worry about the FD later.

I really don't think the fault is the k-jet. I'm starting to think that the only reason it has started is because the fuel pump is on during start. And doesn't stay on in "Run" So I'm gonna start by looking for the fuse and go from there.

Not sure about the vacuum going to the warmup regulator. And swapping them had no effect. So I'm confused, 1976 hooked up one way, 1979 hooked up the other possible way. Now, the 79 didn't really run all to well, so maybe I should put it back the way I found it, something my parents always told me to do. Anyone know which way it's supposed to be hooked up?

The attached schematic. When the switch is in Start position, the relay labeled A/C starter relay is energized. When this happens the fuel pump is getting 12v through the A/C starter relay (which I believe also disconnects the A/C compressor) But when the ignition switch is in "Run" position, if the fuse is blown, the car will start and stall after consuming the fuel from the cold start valve.
Attached Thumbnails
CIS K-Jet Help needed-startupschematic450slcapture.png