Thread: S124 diff seals
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 09:47 PM
Banned

isn't that the way it often turns out? At least yuo monetized it rather than taking a loss on it!

The clip comes out pretty easy as Max notes, putting it back into place a pair of long nosed pliers works well angled tip ones are a bit easier. getting the clip off and out can be done easily with a MB cluster removal hook! I'd be mindful that there might be a shim or two I seem to recall that on 123/126 diffs but there might be ones involved in these 124 diffs possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock505 View Post
Cheers Red, yes, of course the torquing relates to input shaft, shims and so on.

It's been in and out half doz times, all new bolts and couplings so should be okay to remove easily.

This will make folks laugh, had the spare diff which was a peach, from a low milage car but sat in my garage looking heavy - ebay here we come, checked mine for leaks about a month ago before listing, sold quickly to another MB enthusiast all good.

..four weeks later ...

Last question, how easy is it to remove the inner cir clip holding axle stubs, can't see anything mention on forums (no 40 on pic) - ta