View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 03:55 PM

Another vote for Marc at Sun Valley. Put one of his rebuilds in my 92 300TE a month ago and it has been absolutely flawless. Only adjustment required was to dial in the Bowden cable, which took all of 15 minutes of driving. He is the ONLY trans rebuilder I know of that actually runs each rebuild on a dyno to assure it is right before it leaves the shop.

if his prices seem high, check the cost of a full rebuild kit ($350) and a new converter ($350), then figure in any bad common internal parts like bands, and such ($200), then price a new pump ($500) or drums, etc... Now, if that isn't enough... do you know the exact model of converter that fits your car? do you know the pilot nose diameter and length? I literally removed my trans, pulled the rebuild out of the box, bolted up the rebuild and drove the car. No down time at all on the trans.

I did have one minor issue with a vacuum port that was not present on my original trans that was on the rebuild. I emailed Marc on a Saturday morning and he responded within minutes, on his off day, to point me straight.

Just can't say enough good things about Marc and his work.