View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 11:25 AM

Help... 617A oil cooler leak

My oil cooler has sprung a leak and I need to fix it. (duhhh) problem is.... this thing is NOW my daily driver. Well.. ok... as of RIGHT NOW; cause of the leak, my bicycle is my daily driver.

Nope.. no busses and taxi ride there is close to 30 buks each way.
Weather is ok today. Dont know about tommorow. Getting to work on bike will be iffy??? (4 lane road no sidewalks, no alternative route) but making it home after getting off work at around 9pm is reaaaalll iffy. Oh well.. u do what ya got to do.

Plan A: ... I got JB weld on it and a light bulb resting next to it to help cure. Its early afternoon so it wont be ready till tommorow morning ifffffff it holds. I have to be at work early tommorow morning.

Plan B: will do even if A works. Replace cooler. What make, year model etc. would be simular esp. when it comes to mounting system.

Plan C: Have this one welded. Is it alluminum?

Cooler is mounted Verticle in this vehicle though it could have been horizontal in the donor car. about a foot in length and 4 or 5" wide. both ports for oil are on what is presently the top of the cooler. If anyone has pics of their oil cooler I can point out which one it is. I'll try to get a pic of mine.

Any suggestions besides get a wife or girlfriend so I have a way to work. (Any cute Mercedes 4x4 kinda sweeties out there who likes a nice guy, works with kids, professional? )