View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 07:20 PM
Dieseldiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarTek View Post
I finally bought the Porterfields a few months ago but I can't remember for the life of me where I bought them.

I do remember however, that I had to do quite a bit of hunting because many sites had the 2 pin pads but only a few/one had the single pin pads that I needed.
I believe you were referring to your '98 E300.
FWIW the rear pads on my '99 and '2000 210 chassis use single pin pads Porterfield AP-876. If you needed 2-pin pads for the rears (for a 4-Matic perhaps?) then you want the AP-603. And the fronts are AP-740.

I buy from TopBrakes also, as suggested by gsxr and I find Porterfield R4-S to be a great, fast acting friction material with no fade and only a little dust.

As has been stated, TopBrakes doesn't ship from New York, they have the items drop shipped from the factory in CA so I get them in a couple of days at most.
Don't expect a fast email response from TopBrakes but I did get a quick response to a question I sent Porterfield when Wendy, their customer service person helped me out right away. A+ in my book
DDH