View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 05:36 AM
Master hull craftsman

No the chevy disc will not fit. A chevy or bmw clutch disc will fit the 1 1/8" 10 spline 6 cyl trans fine. 'Many BMW 240mm pressure plates will bolt to the benz v8 flywheel too, I can't speak about installed height and those things yet. The v8 3.5 trans is the only car I have found that has ever used this god damn spline. It 21x26 mm 10 spline. The chevy /BMW/ 6cyl benz clutch disc will fit over the v8 shaft but it is loose and would absolutely wreck **** if you tried to use it. The ford 1 1/16" doesn't fit either. So you are stuck with it. That being said I broke mine absolutely beating the snot out of it. The pressure plate never slipped at all. It just had a sprung hub or rivet failure. It going back in the car today with the disc and hub welded and we'll see what happens. I did balance it after welding. It has a welded diff so it's not just spinning one tire. An auto cross and two drift events plus lots of street thrashing. If you drive it like a normal maniac it will be fine I think. I am an exceptional maniac. Like 55mph topped out 2nd gear full throttle clutch kicks to initiate a drift all day long. The trans seems pretty tough. It's very similar to the 6cyl internally and I know a guy that dynoed his turbo m110 powered w114 at 408 wheel HP. through the 6 cyl 185mm diff I'm running too. I believe the small v8 swingaxle cars use a 185 ish ring gear too.