View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 08:56 AM

Thanks to MAG58, Thing are a bit more clear.

It looks like my two main "issues" are the timing configuration and the knock sensing.

I would like to use the timing setup from the M104.981, according to MAG58 (and looking at each motor's guides) I might have to transfer some guide pins, I wonder if someone can make that even more clear..

The block harmonics are different between the two (WIS article). Per WIS one should match the according EZL to the block used ("except for USA" , prehaps we did not get early models?) , I will have to use the sensors from the .990 but since I am using the .981 EZL, I am not sure it will function and control the knock. I prefer not to use the .990 EZL as it will not communicate with the CIS controller.

I like the KE-jet system, parts are $$$ but once a system has been refreshed and "tuned" it can functions flawlessly.

I believe that this engine (once assembled and actually works) will be a good alternative in the future as M104.980/981 will disappear. Trying to get a set of .980 pistons today (standard or oversized) is a huge expense.

As always I will appreciate any further input.