Thread: Baffled Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 01:56 AM
jabroni tig weldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmierung View Post
Thank you G-Wiz.
I was EMRA GT-2 champion 27 years ago and can easily set into the radius and converse with a student. Maybe I overdrive the car now, just love this thing.

Perhaps just an extra half or full quart of Rotel will solve the issue. Am changing the pan anyway since it is dented and they are cheap. Maybe add small trans cooler.

EGr stuff gone, 1984 CA model. doing cone filter behind headlight and maybe delete rear muffler. Attempt to wrap turbo. Will investigate how to remove the alda as it seems counter productive to my quest. What is appropriate hole size to start with?

I thank you and Dieselguru for your serious and very knowledgeable advice.

My wife loves this car and spits on the 911. I am creating a monster...
1/8" hole. you kinda need a boost gauge to check your progress as you go. and dont go too nuts. basically your creating an air bleed so it takes more compressor pressure to move the waste gate spring the same amount... which equals more boost. this is the cheapo diy way to do this by the way. companies make boost elbows that are adjustable and do this too.

your oil issues likely stem from the dent in the pan. the way the sump is on that engine does not leave much room, it does not take much of a dent to contact and ultimately starve it.
so realistically i would fix this before i beat on it.

turbo wraps wont do much. just smell funny for a couple days. best mod is to change the turbo and up the air volume.