View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antony View Post
I second on the possibility of interception of data.

These cameras use the internet to upload to "the cloud", that way you can receive real-time updates via your portable device(s).

There is no way to know how much data is being transmitted up to the cloud.

I placed my cameras outside of my house, looking at all the entrances - that way, hopefully, intruders can't enter my house without being captured on the Blink system, but once inside, my family and I (and any intruder[s]) cannot be filmed.

A certain amount of privacy is important to me. Also, please consider the option to have a hard drive record on premises - but if intruder(s) know they are being recorded, they often steal the hard drive (or DVR) on their way out.

yes, there is. I can tap all the traffic and t-filter it into a file locally if I choose, although storage for such a trace long term is very disk space intensive.

I generally keep an eye on new devices I add or when major firmware updates occur. Being in IT security makes you paranoid about such things.

All traffic to and from most of the 'dodgy' internet is blocked via our substantial firewall, which is a business grade device, not a home or soho type devices.