View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 300CD View Post
I have a set of the rarer version of these in 6x14 but I've always thought I'd be better off getting a set of the 5 1/2's and selling the 6's as I have no plans for wider tires. I'm in Central Texas but I think it would end up costing too much per wheel to ship them unless you ever travel this way. You likely need a local buyer and me a local seller.
Just as a ballpark idea for what Ive sold these for in the past - the 5 1/2" wheels $100 each. The 6" wheels $250 - $350 each. Depends on the market and my mood as much as anything else. Easy to ship. Get a 16 x 16 x 16 box, get some 1/2" pipe insulation (the kind that is split down the middle to go around pipe) and use that to protect the edges. Then stack two of them in a 16 x 16 x 16 box. The calculate the cost with UPS (domestically) or USPS Priority (Internationally). I've sent probably 5 to 10 sets of these around the world. Aluminum wheels weigh 11 pounds each. Bundts are 13 pounds and steel is 23 pounds.

As for the 5 1/2" vs. 6", on most cars that buy these (Pagodas) they almost always want the 6" because it matches what they had (unless they had a very early 230SL). For Fintails I think the 5 1/2" is probably a better choice.