View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Conservative

***UPDATE***

The truck is now mechanically 100% where it needs to be. Two months ago, we pulled the transmission, replaced the flywheel, clutch pack, and necessary bearings. While it was out, I went ahead and replaced the weeping rear main seal on the 302.

I've picked up replacement doors...luckily the same color as the truck, so no need to paint the inside of them. I'm going to cut out the rust from the rear wheel wells and weld in new metal. I've already got those panels in the garage, along with new cab corners, just because these are showing signs that they'll need replaced soon. I've also got a replacement drivers side rocker to cut out and replace. My goal for 2019 is to have it primed and ready for paint...if not painted by the end of the year.

Oh, once the original muffler finally gave up the ghost this past year, I replaced it with a FlowMaster 40...quiet at idle and during normal driving, but really growls when in the dig. Since putting it on, and opening up power that was missing due to the old one being clogged with crap, I've had a hard time keeping the fun pedal off the firewall. That 302 growl is intoxicating...LOL

Now I'm looking for a Bronco. I'd prefer a Bricknose, but OBS will work, as I can change the front out later, if I decide to...to make it match the F250
Attached Thumbnails
Back to working on the wife's truck...it's paying off-48420907_2136745479701914_872266840879923200_n.jpg  

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.