View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 11:19 AM

Sounds like a contact point of metal to metal in the second video to me. As you load the engine down it tends to tilt sideways a little. Are you certain you have decent clearance between the exhaust components and the car body? At the same time I think the mechanic you used should have checked for that. Plus probably did. Did you have the noise before you changed the engine mounts? I also wondered about a loose baffle issue inside the muffler. Although I am out of my league on this one.

On the first video issue. I am trying to remember if anyone has even posted a sound like that engine has on a 240d. To me it sounds like the engine is hunting. Take it as the humor intended. The engine sounds powerful in that second video under load. This is not typical I think. I own a couple of them.

At least neither issue seems to be really engine life threatening. I am interested in what other members post on this thread. The vast majority of problems have been experienced by one or some of them at one time or another.