View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 03:43 PM
dieselarchitect

2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

This is my new to me car which I replaced my 013 Jetta diesel wagon. It is gray (boo) with black interior. 82,000 miles. Great performance so far with tip top fuel economy, crisp handling, steering and brakes.

Too many gadgets to learn all.

Yesterday I took off to drive to Eau Claire Wi to pick up my 39 Studebaker from the upholsterer. It was in the teens temp wise. I got over into the center of Illinois and just after passing the entrance to I-39 a light came on saying I had a problem with my AdBlue system and after 200 more miles if I shut it off It would lock me out from its use.

So I got the number of the nearest dealer which was in Peoria. I drove it over there and waited while the service manager Ralph, looked it over. First he added more adblue then looked at his computer and found there was a recall on the adblue pump and heater. So he ordered the part and gave me a loaner to drive home to Lafayette.

I just talked to him again and he will send someone here with my car and drive his loaner home as a part of the deal.....the loaner is a new MB suv (clk?) which is very nice too.

I am flabbergasted at the service.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.