View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnate1 View Post
Max ;

You're well on the way .

My very first Mercedes was a 1982 240D and it's still paked in the driveway, ready to go anywhere at the drop of a hat .

You're lucky in that there are two self service yards close by, both get in W123's regularly so keep an eye out for the cars you can grab little things you'll be needing off of .

One yard is seriously nasty, t'other not so much but both often have good parts .

The satisfaction of having this project a useful thing you created with your own two hands, is great .
Thank you. I have notifications set up for all W123s in the yards around here, but I haven't had any luck recently. I am still kicking myself for not grabbing the pristine dashboard out of an 81 240D that was in the Katella yard when I just bought my 240D.

I had no idea that nice dashes were so hard to find, and by the time I made it back the whole car was crushed.

I got an advance from my second job, so I can get some parts ordered and get started with assembly. Very excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyl604
Great thread. What are you using to post the large pics? Imgur?
Hey, thanks. I was using Imgur for the larger photos, but I started experimenting with other hosting sites. Imgur is not particularly mobile friendly, and all my photos are taken and uploaded via my smartphone. There was a moderator that would resize the photos I uploaded, but he stopped doing that a few posts ago.

Will update as progress continues.

Instagram: @maximed93