View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 SL320 View Post
Ha! You don't seem to realize that the shop dynamic he is dealing with is common. As I stated before, we are not exactly dealing with MENSA candidates in this type of shop.

If this shop really cared, they would have explained to him why they are moving jobs to others and how he would still get paid for the selling portion of the job.
I'd imagine the shop he's dealing with probably goes through employees like water. Depending on the area, turnover can be monthly, weekly, or even daily. Maybe the shop's at fault, maybe the labor force, maybe both. Who knows.

What I do know: When you start a new job, you're at the bottom of the totem pole, pal. You're sweeping floors, watching other people, getting instruction, getting checked on. It's part of the routine. You want respect? You EARN IT. Just because you walked in the door doesn't mean a damn thing. You show you know your stuff, you demonstrate that you're committed, and you power through the initiation BS. THEN people in the office will give you respect and move you to less menial jobs.

Welcome to the working world. Nobody owes you a damn thing. You earn it.

Based on the history of the OP on this forum, I wouldn't trust him with a brake change either. The shop runner would probably be headed down to NAPA 3 or 4 times for pieces broken or shot across the shop and lost. No offense to the OP, but some people "have it" and some just don't.

Black Sheep:
1985 524TD 167K (TotalDumpster™)

Gone but not forgotten:
1986 300SDL (RIP)
1991 350SD
1991 560SEL
1990 560SEL
1986 500SEL Euro (Rusted to nothing at 47K!)